Cat Allergy Symptoms Information
It can be very frustrating to deal with allergies. The symptoms they produce can be very impeding to people’s daily lifestyle. Not to mention, it can be so embarrassing when you are around others who are not as sensitive.
While there are different allergens that could affect different people, allergic reactions to cats are found to be a worrisome situation to have. There are different cat allergy symptoms that come along for someone who has the condition.
A person may be able to exhibit just one, two or more of the possible cat allergy symptoms depending on his case. There are different reasons why it may be hard to get rid of cat allergy symptoms. Some of them would be:
• You own a pet cat that you truly adore. If you happen to own such a pet, but turn out to be showing cat allergy symptoms, then this puts you in a difficult situation. Some people resort to giving their cat away just to be free from the allergies.
• There are a lot of stray cats that roam about your house or village; or your neighbor may own one. Even if you do not own a pet cat, you can still show cat allergy symptoms signs by being exposed to other cats around you.
Usual Cat Allergy Symptoms
There are different reactions that people exhibit when showing cat allergy symptoms. Note that the severity and differences in reactions will depend on a case to case basis for people. Some may have stronger antibodies and, thus, show less cat allergy symptoms. Here is a brief roster of some cat allergy symptoms you should know about:
• Nasal irritations – these are very common forms of cat allergy symptoms. Typically, this will include reactions such as coughing, sneezing, and even nasal congestion. Be aware that these cat allergy symptoms are different from having the normal cough and colds.
• Skin reactions – another set of cat allergy symptoms would be those that show reaction to the skin. This could be in the form of a rash that can get very itchy. Also, cat allergy symptoms include drying of lips that will make them chap.
• Breathing difficulties – in relation to irritating the nasal pathways, people who show cat allergy symptoms could also demonstrate instances wherein they have trouble breathing. This gives a tight feeling on the chest.
Reason For Cat Allergy Symptoms
There are different reasons for showing cat allergy symptoms. You should know that it is not just always because of the fur. There are five known allergens in cats which get you to show cat allergy symptoms. With that much, it can be pretty easy for you to catch an irritation. Most of the causes would have to be sebaceous glands that the cat has.
Aside from fur, this would also include the cat’s saliva. This means that it can get very problematic if the cat that is causing you to show cat allergy symptoms produces a lot of dander. There are some of these glands where protein in synthesized where people can resist the effect of the allergens.
Nonetheless, there are still chances where you will show cat allergy symptoms to other causes. There are actually ways in order to minimize the possibility of this condition from thriving, which is mainly through modifying your habits in terms of maintaining your cat.
Minimize Cat Allergy Symptoms
There are different ways you could go about handling your cat allergy symptoms. These methods would mainly differ if you own a cat, or if it’s your neighbor’s or perhaps stray cats. If it’s yours then it will be quite easier since what you have to do would be to clean your cat more often.
You should bathe it with cleansing products that will aid in reducing the allergens. Also, you should brush your cat often in order to take out the loose hair that gets caught up in his tongue when grooming. These are effective ways in order to prevent the experience of cat allergy symptoms.
Now, if the cat is not your own, and you get exposed to it often, you could visit an allergocologist and have him administer allergy shots. This will give you an elevated immunity towards cat allergy symptoms.
You should keep these knowledge on cat allergy symptoms in mind, and you will see how relieving it is to live a life free of cat allergy symptoms.